Friday, September 21, 2007

Welcome

Hello, hello. This is the first of many posts all about the wonders of the Enneagram. For those who don't know, the Enneagram is a personality profiling system that emphasizes psychological motivations and helps inspire personal growth. It's based around a nine-pointed figure -- the Enneagram -- where each point represents a personality type (the One, the Two, the Three, etc.). It's much more complicated than just dividing the human population into 9 distinct personality types, but I'll go more into that in future posts.

Personally, I find the Enneagram intriguing and helpful, and since being introduced to it by some friends a couple years ago, I've enjoyed learning about the nine types and using that knowledge to work on my own issues and navigate my relationships with other people.

That's all for my introduction, but there's more to come soon! In the meantime, check out these Enneagram-related websites if you're curious:

The Enneagram Institute
9 Types


An easy fast for those observing Yom Kippur, as well as those celebrating Ramadan!

No comments: